Our family is the foundation of who we are – both for better and for worse. We learn how to view and understand the world, develop our personal vocabulary, customs, habits, and rituals from our family.
If you are seeking healthier family relationships – family therapy may be for you.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- The unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy can address these issues in a comprehensive way in order to heal deep wounds and enhance the therapeutic benefits through family support. If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking family therapy.
Some positive family therapy outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy has additional benefits for families struggling with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows together, each member of the family also grows individually in profound ways.
If you’re interested in learning about how I can support your family, contact me today for a free consultation.